|The Peggy Horror Picture Show|
|Season 11, Episode 1|
|Air date||January 28, 2007|
|Written by||Christy Stratton|
|Directed by||Kyounghee Lim|
"The Peggy Horror Picture Show" is the two hundred-second episode of King of the Hill. It was first aired on January 28, 2007. The episode was written by Christy Stratton, and directed by Kyounghee Lim.
Peggy, feeling a bit unfeminine because of her masculine clothes and her 16 inch shoe size, befriends Carolyn, who views Peggy as the epitome of womanhood. Hank is thrilled that Peggy finally has someone else to talk to about her girl problems, but we discover that Carolyn is a drag queen who thinks Peggy is one, too. When Peggy discovers this, she is distraught, thinking herself to be even more ugly and unfeminine than before. Luckily, Carolyn and the other female impersonators manage to cheer Peggy up by telling her the traits she considers unfeminine, actually make her a model strong woman they can admire.
Meanwhile, Bobby and Joseph read a "Dr. Prankenstein Joke Book" and tried to pull pranks on the people they know. Unfortunately, whenever they do a prank on someone, instead of it being funny, it actually helps them. Joseph even believes that it's a magic book.
- In the scene when Peggy cried after learning she was mistaken for a drag queen, she ran to the restroom only to learn it was a uni-sex restroom which makes her cry more.
- This episode is a play on The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Carolyn assumed Peggy was a man, even though she had no visible adam's apple. Carolyn covered his/her adam's apple by wearing a scarf.
- It is revealed in this episode that Lubbocks Very Big Shoes which was featured in the episode Order of the Straight Arrow, went out of business and become a dog bakery. It should also be noted in this episode, that Hank is aware of the store's existence and Peggy's history of being a customer, whereas in the past, she's shown keeping it a secret (of course given the time that should've passed between both episodes it's not out of the question that Hank became aware somehow) .
- Dale is shown running for the gun club president in this episode. However he was re-elected as gun club president in the Season 6 episode Soldier of Misfortune (he could be running for re-election again).
|Season 10||Season 11||Season 12|
The Peggy Horror Picture Show · serPUNt · Blood and Sauce · Luanne Gets Lucky · Hank Gets Dusted · Glen Peggy Glen Ross · The Passion of Dauterive · Grand Theft Arlen · Peggy's Gone to Pots · Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow · Bill, Bulk and the Body Buddies · Lucky's Wedding Suit