The Hills' dog, Lady Bird, goes on a rampage, breaking things all over the house and later biting Hank's hand. After Lady Bird is put on a list of vicious dogs, the veterinarian suggests that Hank take her to Oskar de Vries, a dog spiritualist, who takes the Hills and Lady Bird to Shady Hills Nursing Home. Lady Bird runs off, ostensibly due to thunder, leading to a chase between her, Hank, Peggy, Bobby, and animal control. When Hank and Peggy find Lady Bird walking towards an elderly woman, Hank commands Lady Bird to stay away from her, but Lady Bird lies in the woman's lap. Since Lady Bird doesn't listen to Hank, he discovers that Lady Bird is now deaf. The episode ends with Hank, Bill, Dale, Boomhauer, and Ladybird watching TV back at home.
In the second plot, Luanne and Lucky accompany Hank to the nursing home. Luanne has a very imprecise understanding of reincarnation and starts interviewing old people thinking that their being so close to death means there's a chance their souls would transmigrate into the baby she's carrying.
- Hank Hill
- Peggy Hill
- Bobby Hill
- Dale Gribble
- Bill Dauterive
- Jeff Boomhauer
- Luanne Platter
- Lucky Kleinschmidt
- Oskar de Vries
- Lady Bird
- Officer Brown
- Dr. Yandell
- Nancy Gribble
- Kahn Souphanousinphone
- Minh Souphanousinphone (non-speaking)
- Oskar de Vries: "Maybe this nut job actually knows what he's doing!"
- The elderly woman who the Hills think Lady Bird will bite at the Retirement Home is reading "A Dinner Of Onions". The same book can be seen in season seven's Stressed For Success and Full Metal Dust Jacket.
- Hank tells the doctor that Ladybird has never acted up and bitten anyone before. However, she in fact has bitten people before as seen in the Season 7 episode Racist Dawg. But, in fact, Hank actually says that Ladybird had never done "anything like this before", meaning attacking Hank, her owner, specifically.
- A man named "Kirk" delivers the weather forecast. However, in the Season 9 episode Gone With the Windstorm Irv Bennett became the chief meteorologist by replacing Nancy.